Skip to main content

Preparing your kitchen for success on Weight Watchers


I have learned that planning is key on Weight Watchers (WW). If you prepare for success, you will be more likely to be successful.

Other than healthy food, here is what you need to get started working the plan.

Food scale
I already had a food scale when I started WW from past healthy eating forays but when starting with WW, I actually bought a second one for my office! It is much easier to count many things by weight and it's more accurate. To be able to count your servings correctly a food scale is a must.

You need 3 basic functions tare, weight in oz and weight in grams. This is the one I bought for my office, there are lots of options of Amazon for under $15.


Non-stick pans
One of the challenging things about cooking on WW for me was to use less oil for cooking. Using a little olive oil would quickly make my 0 point vegetables 1 point, or more if I was too heavy handed!

Using less oil is great but you need good non-stick cookware to do it. I don't like Teflon because it flakes off. I use Calphalon non-stick pans or a cast iron skillet (I have one like this) to cook most things on WW.

The Calphalon pans are amazing, I can cook most things will no oil or at most a quick spritz of cooking spray. I have a full set but you don't need to get all new cookware just to loose a few pounds, if you have one good pan you can cook most things in it. This is my favorite pan from my set.

Lots of storage containers
I think there is a direct relationship between the healthiness of my lunch and the number of containers I take to work. I pack breakfast, lunch, morning snack and afternoon snack EVERY day! Since I have been trying to reduce my fruit consumption, there are even more containers! Apples don't need a container but chopped cucumbers do.

I really like the 2 cup Ziploc twist & lock containers for toting my fruit and vegetables to work but will use everything including old sour cream containers.

Zero point bell pepper strips in a ziplock twist and lock container
A lot of containers are also good if you food prep - make your meals for several days in advance. Many people on WW prep their food for the week on Sunday so they are ready for success.

I prefer to cut up a lot of my fruits and vegetables every morning but I do usually prep lunch/dinner for several days at a time by cooking a big batch meal on Sunday and on Monday that keeps us fed until Wednesday or Thursday.

Think about getting an Instant Pot
I don't think an Instant Pot is necessary to be successful on WW but I definitely use mine a lot. I make soups, yogurt, shredded chicken and lots of quick dinners in my pot. It is kind of a like a crock pot on steroids. You throw everything in, walk away and when it beeps, dinner is ready. A lot of times my husband and I will go on a walk in the neighborhood while dinner is in our Instant Pot.

However, it does take up a lot of counter space and there is a learning curve to using it.

I have the 6-quart Duo model and think it's great for my two-person household with lots of leftovers (also known as meal prep!). If you are thinking about getting one, check out this size guide to see which would be good for you.

Powdered Peanut Butter
Everything else on this list is a kitchen equipment but I wanted to include powdered peanut butter on the list because it has helped me to eat more celery than I ever thought possible. Why can't you eat regular peanut butter you may be wondering? Well you can but it will use up your points like crazy. Regular peanut butter is about 6 points/2 tablespoons compared to 1 point for powdered. The difference is a whole glass of wine! Now, which would you rather have? :)

There are a bunch of different brands, I have tried several, and my favorite by far is PBFit. PB2 is also a popular brand and many people can buy it locally (sold at Wal-Mart and possibly elsewhere) but I prefer the taste of PBFit, I think it's closer to regular peanut butter.

To make peanut butter you just mix the powder with water until it reaches the desired consistency. I eat it as pb, drizzle it on ice cream, use it replace some flour in baked goods, all sorts of things.
Peanut butter options!
You can do this! Get ready to rock weight watchers!

This post may contain affiliate links if you make a purchase from one of this links this blog may receive a small commission. Thank you for your support.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trader Joe's Weight Watchers shopping list

Trader Joe's has long been one of my favorite places to grocery shop! Not only do they have staples but they have amazing frozen food and lots of unique items that other stores don't carry. It's basically a hippie paradise of alternative foods. It's also amazing when you don't have lot of time to cook or meal prep because they have so many great pre-made and frozen foods. We can't meal prep all the time now can we? The really annoying thing about my TJ's store is there is NO internet or cell reception! Which means I cannot check point values while I'm in the store. Thus, it has been challenging for me to shop there and took a lot of trips to put this list together. If there are other must-haves from TJs please comment and I will update! If you're looking to save a few bucks on more basic items, check out my Aldi shopping list here . Or if you are new to WW check out my tips for getting your kitchen ready. All point values below were upda

Weight Watchers on a budget - Aldi shopping list

I joined Weight Watchers in an attempt to get healthy! While I thought I ate pretty healthy, there was a lot of sugar and carbs in my diet and not enough vegetables. To keep WW more affordable, I recommend shopping mostly at Aldi where fruit and vegetables are very affordable compared to "mainstream" stores. If you're new to Aldi, c heck out my post on shopping there as it has a few quirks. If you need help with kitchen equipment that can help you with WW, check out my post on preparing your kitchen for success . I also really like Trader Joe's for fancier items, check out my TJs shopping list for WW  before your next trip there. So what should you buy to help you on your WW journey? All point values below were updated in March 2021 on the MyWW+ program, the points listed are for the blue plan. I recommend using your scanner to double check point values. Let's start with the fun stuff, the snacks! A lot of my snacks on the program are fruits and raw v

Frugal weight loss solutions - itrackbites review

Last year, I bit the bullet and paid for a weight loss program for the first time with a goal to lose 20lbs. I did Weight Watchers online for about 6 months, after my intro price ended it was $20 a month but I did loose the weight I wanted. Now, for something that works, $20 a month doesn't feel like too much to me and I wasn't doing well with the free solutions like My Fitness Pal. I think when there is money on the line I am more willing to do the hard work! Nevertheless, I want to save money wherever I can. In some online Weight Watchers groups, I heard about itrackbites. It's basically a Weight Watchers knock off and I do like a good generic! Itrackbites has several free options for old Weight Watchers plans and a lot of people use it when they want to follow an older plan. For the newest Weight Watchers plan, Freestyle, you have to pay for the yearly fee. This also gives you access to some additional options on the itrackbites app like the food scanner and a restau